Based in Phoenix, Arizona
January 26, 2015
PC / Mac / Linux
DescriptionGravity Ghost is a physics game with a twist. Run, jump, and soar around planets, using gravity to glide through the air. Explore a shattered galaxy and rescue its survivors, armed with powerups and mysterious terraforming powers. Meet the 7 magical guardians and best their challenges. There's no killing, no dying, and no way to fail. Just hours of blissing out to buttery-smooth gravity goodness. Featuring a dynamic new soundtrack by the composer of FTL: Faster than Light, Gravity Ghost is a headfirst dive into another world.
HistoryGravity Ghost is available for preorder on PC, Mac, and Linux via the Humble Store at gravityghost.com. The game will be $14.99 at launch, but for a limited time you can preorder it for $9.99. You can also preorder the soundtrack for 40% off.
- Unique gravity mechanic: think "The Little Prince" meets "Mario Galaxy"
- Dynamic new soundtrack from the composer of FTL: Faster than Light
- No killing, no dying, no way to fail
- Beautiful handpainted graphics and wildly original creatures
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade Finalist" 2013
- "PAX Prime Indie Megabooth Selection" 2013
- "Destructoid staff pick for favorite games at E3" 2013
- "This is incredible."
- Jon Carnage, Twitch.tv
- "Quirky characters and papercraft aesthetics aside, Gravity Ghost offers a beguilingly pure gaming experience."
- Daniel Nye Griffiths, Forbes
- "[Gravity Ghost] brings an almost unbridled sense of joy to the gameplay — the stakes aren’t high so you actually get to enjoy the game mechanics. [...] And the gravity physics are really like nothing I’ve experienced before."
- Megan Patterson, Paper Droids
- "9/10 [...] Gravity Ghost has the potential to be this year’s independent sensation"
- Emmeline P, GameSkinny
- "Gravity Ghost is being the pristine ballerina that holds her awkward pose inside a musical jewellery box, but when the lid is closed and herself out of sight, she is able to perform her dance in a private universe, stretching each limb and aching muscle. [Its] barebones narrative seems so tragic and human and real."
- Chris Priestmas, IndieStatik
- "Gravity Ghost is heavy on fun"
- Jonathan Holmes, Destructoid
- "The little Indie Mario Galaxy that could"
- Kirk Hamilton, Kotaku
- "Another great E3 memory: watching the expression of pure joy on @aedavis's face while she played @Livelyivy's Gravity Ghost."
- Anthony Burch, Hey Ash Whatcha Playin
- "Movement is just incredibly enjoyable [...] It’s just really really satisfying and kind of downright relaxing. Additionally, soundtrack is A) Bumpin. Totally excellent, and B) Not surprising that it is because it’s done by Ben Prunty."
- Ryan “Northern Lion” Letourneau, YouTube
- "The sounds and music in Gravity Ghost fill you with a sense of letting go of real life."
- Sam Hughes, The Sound Architect
- "The music is perfect for the game, engaging but slightly depressing as it beautifully sets the atmosphere and is all around odd and otherworldly."
- Stephen Wilds, CultureMass
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Ivy Games
Ivy Games is an indie game studio dedicated to bringing lively and original games to life (or, in the case of Gravity Ghost, the afterlife).
More information on Ivy Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Gravity Ghost Credits
Game Design, Art, Writing